The best choice for your child
It's a big decision to send your child to another country for their education. It is a decision we at Bellerbys understand and respect. That’s why we do everything to ensure that from the moment you and your child make contact with us, right through to graduation, your child is at the centre of everything we do. Our teachers offer students personal attention, especially if they need extra help during their studies. Students get regular homework and half-term reports to ensure they are on track. Small class sizes help our teachers connect with students as individuals. This helps our students get the study skills necessary for degree success. We focus on university-style lecturing, where possible, so your child will develop self-study skills, interactive discussion abilities and independent thought. Our teachers help students develop through discussion, debate and investigation. This instils the ability to think and question the world around them.
Our students’ education goes way beyond achieving their academic best; we also prepare our students to be global citizens through extra-curricular activities. We've detailed information below that many parents are interested in. If you have any other questions, do get in touch.
Activities beyond the classroom
- Our enrichment programme is a key part of the student’s weekly timetable. These activities are an essential part of the learning experience we offer your child
- We provide exciting experiences that bring academic subjects to life. These could include entering national competitions to gaining professional qualifications
- We develop a student’s confidence, independent thinking and personal skills. These are skills that top universities and leading employers look for.
Dedicated support staffOur expert staff are focussed on meeting the needs of our international students. They include:
- Student Services assistants
- Welfare officer/Child protection/Safeguarding officer
- Residential supervisors
- Language counsellors
Full counselling and advice
- The welfare, happiness and safety of all students are our priorities.
- We have experienced, friendly and dedicated Student Services teams available to answer students’ questions and support and guide them throughout their stay at Bellerbys
- We will help students to participate in activities, advise them on any health requirements, and help them with any accommodation needs.
Fully checked staff
- All staff members are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked. The DBS helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children.
- You can find out more about by viewing our policies.
- We have teachers with PhDs, teachers who are Oxbridge graduates, and teachers who are professionals in art and media. As well as teachers qualified to teach professional qualifications, such as CISI. This means your child will be taught by the best in their subject
- Each of our teachers is chosen for their dedication and outstanding reputation for excellence
- Teachers recognise each student has different strengths and weaknesses and develop individual programmes of learning according to the needs of your child
- Personal tutors are also available to your child.
Safe and happy environment
- Our colleges offer a safe and happy environment where students thrive
- Our colleges are in some of the best locations in the UK
- Our colleges offer a different experience for students depending on their needs and personalities
- Each College is modern and has secure, comfortable, first-class facilities.
- We aim to help your child feel at home, make friends and enjoy their time with us
- We are specialists in looking after international students. Your child will have access to expert student services assistants, finance, welfare officer, child protection, safeguarding officer and residential supervisors
- Your child will have the full support of language advisors.
- Trained College nurses are available at our Brighton campus to look after your child’s medical needs.
- Our teachers offer students personal attention, especially if they need extra help during their studies
- Students get regular homework and half-term reports to ensure they are on track
- Small class sizes help our teachers connect with students as individuals. This helps our students get the study skills necessary for degree success
- We focus on university-style lecturing, where possible, so your child will develop self-study skills, interactive discussion abilities and independent thought
- Our teachers help students develop through discussion, debate and investigation. This instils the ability to think and question the world around them.
University preparation support
- Help and advice is available for each stage of the university application process.
- We base support on current and expected academic grades and aspirations. Support includes: interview techniques; help writing their personal statement for their university application and workshops with staff from leading UK universities.
Working with the best universities
- We have well-established relationships with some of the best universities in the UK
- Universities have welcomed many high achieving Bellerbys students to their universities.
We get results. Year after year our students achieve top academic results. In 2019 our students once again achieved exceptional grades:
- 69% of our A Level grades were A* to B, compared to the national average of 51.6%*
- 289 of our Foundation students progressed to a top 50 UK university*
- 228 of our A Level, Foundation and IY1 students progressed to a top 20 UK university; including Cambridge, Imperial College London, Loughborough, LSE, Durham and Bath*
*Rankings according to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020.
Elisa from China
"We have different language consultants, so if my parents want to contact the school but they don’t speak English, they can speak Chinese to the Chinese consultant and she would translate into English. I think it makes communication much easier between parents and the teachers."
A one-year course for international students that builds specialist subject knowledge and language and study skills. It is more focussed than A Levels making it good preparation for university. It is recognised for entry onto a range of degree programmes at more than 100 universities in the UK.
A Levels are British qualifications, accepted by all universities in the UK and recognised in the USA and Australia. Students who are with us for five or six terms will typically study up to four A Levels. This gives you a world of choice.