Student accommodation at Bellerbys London
Having a place to call home when you are studying overseas is essential to your success as a student. Our modern accommodation is designed to give you a safe, secure and inspiring place to live while you learn.
At McMillan Student Village, which is just a few minutes’ walk from where you will be studying, you'll live alongside your classmates at Bellerbys London – making it easy to make new friends from all over the world. This strong and friendly community will help you to succeed in your studies and in your new UK life. By living in our accommodation, you'll be able to meet people studying different programmes – ensuring you have a varied friend group based on shared interests.
There are plenty of fun actives available in your accommodation to help you make friends. When local restrictions are present, the campus is in a bubble – meaning all boarding students are able to socialise together to make new friends in person.
You will have the help of your Residence Supervisor – a friendly face to approach with any queries or problems you may have.
If you're under 18
If you're staying at McMillan Student Village, and you're under 18, you'll have your own single room located within a shared apartment. Each apartment has a small common area for you to relax in and meet up with classmates.
- Your own shower room and toilet facilities
If you're over 18
Choose from the following accommodation options:
- Single or twin studio with fully fitted kitchen (including cooking hob, sink, oven, microwave and fridge freezer)
- Choice of half board (two meals per day) or self-catering
McMillan Student Village offers
- A short walk to the library and your classes
- 24-hour security plus CCTV
- Internet access
- Bike storage
- A 24-hour laundry room on-site
- A strong regime of cleaning and inspection of areas
- Card / key access to the main front door
- 24-hour emergency phone line
Standard Homestay: for students aged 16 and older
This option lets you live independently, with the support of a caring home environment.
Living in Homestay accommodation gives you a great opportunity to experience British culture. Stay in an English home and practise speaking English with native speakers every day.
Bellerbys offers a range of different Homestays to suit your needs. You could live with a family with children, a single person, or in a home hosting other students like you. All Homestay accommodation is carefully chosen for its security and friendliness. We make regular visits to make sure you have everything you need.
McMillan Student Village is conveniently located close to several bus and train routes:
- Cutty Sark DLR station – 20 minutes to central London
- Deptford and Greenwich train stations – 20 minutes to central London
- Frequent buses go from stops near the McMillan Student Village
- Visit www.tfl.gov.uk for detailed information
Community events and activities in our Residence
Examples of recent activities in the residence include:
- Students' Union Party – a fun day with lots to do, including a photo booth, gingerbread person competition, personalised gifts, hot chocolate booth, and a variety of games
- Movie nights
- Art classes
- Cooking sessions
- International Women’s Day Celebration
- World Book Day
- Christmas and New Year's Eve celebrations
A safe and secure place to call home
We take your health and safety seriously. Bellerbys College is a highly secure, COVID-safe environment. 100% of students in our latest survey confirm they feel safe on campus.
Boarding Schools Association COVID-safe Charter
Bellerbys Brighton has adopted the Boarding Schools Association COVID-safe Charter, which ensures:
- A strong regime of cleaning and inspection of areas / Certified COVID-19 safe
- A Welfare Team including wellbeing, emotional and physical health support
- House Parents for under-18s and over-18s
- We act as a gated community with access control
- All residence act as one household bubble
- Since January, Lateral Flow Devise testing added to the COVID-safe regime for all staff and students
- Close attention to visitors to the site – there are currently no visitors allowed except for students returning, who isolate and self-test before being involved in LFD (Lateral Flow Devise) testing
- Ad hoc temperature checks via a nurse or residence team
- Hand sanitiser available on arrival and at regular intervals for all staff and students
- One way systems in areas where distance or masks are not used (where a bubble is not in place)
- Everyone living on campus receives a temperature check on a daily basis
- Risk assessment checked and updated weekly
- All staff and students are distributed self-test kits
Bellerbys COVID-safe and risk assessment is used as an example of good practice by Study Group Health and Safety Manager.
Homestay accommodation is also available. For more information, please complete our enquiry form.
Arranging your own accommodation privately
If you are booking your own accommodation privately it is important that you let us know where you are staying.
Look out for fraud
Scammers may specifically target international students so it is important to be able to recognise common signs of fraudulent activity and know what to do if you come across it. Let us know at email@example.com if you have any concerns about fraudulent activity when dealing with a private accommodation provider so that we can help to protect you and other international students in case they are targeted in the same way.
Living in London
There is a wide choice of clubs and societies at Bellerbys London, so you can find something to suit your interests. Music clubs, DJ workshops, photography, theatre trips and sports and leisure clubs are just some of the things you can try.
Bellerbys College London will help you connect to industries of the future in a global city. Explore the College campus, take an interactive tour and find about study options, resources and facilities here.
Bellerbys College is a renowned international college in the United Kingdom. Discover the accommodation costs of our Brighton and London campuses.