Student accommodation at Bellerbys Brighton
Bellerbys Brighton is more than just a place of learning – it's also your home away from home. Bellerbys’ modern accommodation gives you somewhere to live where you can feel safe and secure, so you can concentrate on your studies. Voyager House Residence is located next to the College – just a few minutes' walk from your classes and right in the centre of Brighton. The railway station is only seconds away from campus, with the shops only a 20 minute walk away, and just 25 minutes to the sea front.
Studying abroad is a new experience, and the best way to experience student life is with other students. You'll be a part of a strong and friendly community of likeminded international students, so you can make the most out of your time with us. You'll meet people studying different programmes, sharing interests outside of your studies. There are many activities available in the Residence to help you get to know one another.
You’ll have the help of your student experience team – friendly faces to approach with any queries or problems you may have.
If you are 18 years old or younger, you can live in our Brighton Residence, conveniently located next to the College. We do, from time to time, accept over 18s in our residence and this will be on a case by case basis. You have the choice of 370 single rooms with an en-suite bathroom, or a shared twin room. By staying in the Brighton Residence, you will benefit from:
- Half board (breakfast and evening meal served on campus)
- Common rooms with TVs, an internet café and a cafeteria
- A short walk to the library and classrooms
- 24-hour security plus CCTV
- High-quality internet access
- Bike storage
- A 24-hour laundry room on-site
- A strong regime of cleaning with inspection of areas
- Card / key access to the main front door
- 24-hour emergency phone line
Community events and activities in our Residence
Examples of recent activities in the residence include:
- Christmas Day – a fun day filled with delicious meals by our catering team, as well as great games such as Bingo, Pictionary, human hungry hippos, gingerbread decorations and tug of war.
- Movie marathons – we recently watched Harry Potter.
A safe and secure place to call home
We take your health and safety seriously. Bellerbys College is a highly secure, COVID-safe environment. 100% of students in our latest survey confirm they feel safe on campus.
Boarding Schools Association COVID-safe Charter
Bellerbys Brighton has adopted the Boarding Schools Association COVID-safe Charter, which ensures:
- A strong regime of cleaning and inspection of areas / Certified COVID-19 safe
- A Welfare Team including wellbeing, emotional and physical health support
- A student experience team for under-18s and over-18s
- We act as a gated community with access control
- All residence act as one household bubble
- Since January 2021, Lateral Flow Devise testing added to the COVID-safe regime for all staff and students
- Close attention to visitors to the site – there are currently no visitors allowed except for students returning, who isolate and self-test before being involved in LFD (Lateral Flow Devise) testing
- Ad hoc temperature checks via student experience teams
- Hand sanitiser available on arrival and at regular intervals for all staff and students
- One way systems in areas where distance or masks are not used
- Everyone living on campus receives a temperature check on a daily basis
- Risk assessment checked and updated weekly
- All staff and students are distributed self-test kits
Bellerbys COVID-safe and risk assessment is used as an example of good practice by Study Group Health and Safety Manager.
Homestay accommodation is available on request. For more information, please complete our enquiry form.
Arranging your own accommodation privately
If you are booking your own accommodation privately it is important that you let us know where you are staying.
Look out for fraud
Scammers may specifically target international students so it is important to be able to recognise common signs of fraudulent activity and know what to do if you come across it. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about fraudulent activity when dealing with a private accommodation provider so that we can help to protect you and other international students in case they are targeted in the same way.
Mehrad from Iran
"Bellerbys staff are very friendly. In my opinion, the best thing at Bellerbys which I couldn't find in anywhere else is the student service . I don't feel homesick when I am with the welfare team because they take care of me and send me to GP when I am not well.''
Mehrad from Iran - Studied ELP and A Levels, now studying Computer Science at City, University of London
Living in Brighton
There is plenty to do when you are not studying. Whatever your interests, you will enjoy extracurricular activities and trips with your classmates. Why not join one of our sports clubs like tennis and football, or try learning a musical instrument?
Bellerbys College Brighton offers a wide choice of subjects for students aged 16 and older. Study options include A Levels and other university preparation courses. Find out what the College campus is like, what you can study and take an interactive tour.
Bellerbys College is a renowned international college in the United Kingdom. Discover the accommodation costs of our Brighton and London campuses.