What to expect on your first day at Bellerbys College
Your first day
It’s nearly time for you to start your exciting journey to the UK ready to begin your course at Bellerbys College. Whether you’re studying in Brighton, Cambridge or London here are some tips on what to expect when you arrive in September.
If you’ve pre-booked a taxi transfer with us we will be at the airport to meet you as soon as you arrive in the UK. Your driver will have a Bellerbys College sign with your name on ready to take you to your new home.
Feeling a mix of excitement and nerves about your first week at Bellerbys College is completely normal, and you can be sure your classmates are feeling many of the same things as you. During your first week we will arrange lots of activities to help you make new friends, settle in and get to know your new city.
Events and activities include things like quizzes, sports and games alongside practical advice on safety, banking and transport. Read the pre-arrival guide on our arrivals information page for information on what to expect during your first days and weeks.
What’s on in Brighton?
- Brighton Digital Festival – celebrating digital culture for one whole month with over 150 events.
- Fiery Food Festival – a celebration of spicy food alongside competitions, music and comedy.
- Royal Pavilion and Musems – Take a tour of Brighton's former Royal Palace right in the city centre, surrounded by the beautiful Royal Pavilion Gardens.
What’s on in Cambridge?
- Lines of Thought exhibition – visit the Cambridge University Library as it celebrates its 600th birthday.
- Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival – head down to the River Cam to see the race.
- Celebrating the First 200 Years: The Fitzwilliam Museum 1816-2016 – explore this exhibition celebrating the Cambridge museum's history.
- Arts and Crafts and Local Produce Market – buy food from local farmers or discover stalls selling pottery and sculptures.
What’s on in London?
- Empire Live at the O2 – a weekend of celebrating films with exclusive screenings and workshops.
- Royal Arsenal Riverside Farmers’ Market – stalls selling locally sourced bread, cheese, fruit and vegetables in Greenwich.
- Sail Greenwich Festival – Tall Ships will line the River Thames for beautiful tours that take in London’s famous sights.
Introduce yourself on Instagram using the hashtag #MyBellerbysJourney
Why not take a look at our College Facebook pages to talk to students who will be joining you in September:
We look forward to welcoming you to Bellerbys soon!