When you are away from home, it is important to feel safe, comfortable and happy. Bellerbys College Brighton offers a number of high-quality places to live during your studies.
Most students choose the convenience of living on campus in the residence.
The Brighton residence
For students aged 13+
Located on campus at the College, this residence offers bright, attractive, and secure bedrooms and social spaces. Staff are on-site 24/7, and you can walk from your bedroom to your class within minutes.
- 378 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Full board (all meals included) for GCSE Pathway students, half board (breakfast and dinner included) for students on all other pathways
- Common rooms with TVs
- Internet café, restaurant
- GCSE Pathway students receive extra support from our Housemistress and her team
Prices start from £4,320 per term.
For students aged 18+
If you would like a little more independence, this residence is located just 10 minutes from the College by bus, or a 30-minute walk away.
- 35 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Half-board (breakfast and an evening meal are served at College)
- Common room with TV
Prices start from £3,110 per term.
Living in homestay accommodation gives you a wonderful opportunity to experience British culture, language, religion and home life.
We have many different kinds of homestay. You could live with a family with children, a single person, or even in a home hosting other students like you.
All homestay accommodation is carefully chosen for the security and friendliness it provides and we make regular visits to ensure you have everything you need.
For students aged 17+
Choose our standard homestay option if you are 17 year's old and would like to live relatively independently, but with the support of a caring home environment.
For students aged 13 - 16
Homestay Plus provides the extra support and supervision you'll need as a younger student.
Homestay prices start from £1,640 per term.
Watch our homestay video to find out more:
Statement of Boarding Principles and Practice
The College’s aim is to enable every individual to make the most of their abilities and to fulfil their potential, and it is accepted that much of what is valuable in education takes place outside of the classroom. The College therefore aims to provide a very full educational experience in the context of full boarding, including homestay. Such a programme can often make great demands on the pupils and staff involved so the College is committed to the highest levels of pastoral care.
Download the College’s statement of Boarding Principles and Practice.
The city of Brighton
Brighton, located on the south coast, is one of the UK's most exciting cities by the sea. It is large enough to offer many attractions, yet small enough to walk around and feel at home.
The College sits in the centre of the city, very close to airport transport links. The beautiful and historic seafront is a 20-minute walk from the College.
On the beach you will find sports like volleyball, basketball, stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking which provide great weekend activities for you to try. The famous pier is a fun place to meet friends and try some of the funfair rides.
British people love Brighton because of its fun and friendly atmosphere.
Students love studying in Brighton because:
- It’s just 55 minutes from London by train so they can visit major exhibitions and famous landmarks
- It’s home to a large international community so they feel very welcome
- With two universities located in Brighton, it’s a very student-friendly place with lots of opportunities to learn and develop
- There are many theatres, galleries and arts festivals to explore
- Leisure facilities include a football stadium, music venues and an aquarium
- The South Downs National Park is an area of countryside and rolling hills, and can be reached in less than 20 minutes from College by bus.
- Brighton is famous for its fish and chips!
For more information about Brighton please visit: visitbrighton.com