Posted 08/28/2015 by csmith3
Here are some top tips to help you get ready.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to Bellerbys College in September. With the start of term just a few weeks away – on 16th September – we’ve put together some useful tips to help you prepare for your exciting move to the UK.
Arrange your accommodation
Make sure you have booked your accommodation and we’ll send you confirmation of your room allocation. You can find out more on our location pages for each college: Brighton
Book your flights
Once you’ve got your visa it's time to book your flights to the UK.
- Gatwick Airport is closest to Bellerbys Brighton (40 minutes by car)
- Stansted Airport is closest to Bellerbys Cambridge (45 minutes by car)
- Heathrow Airport is closest to Bellerbys Oxford (1 hour 10 minutes by car)
- Heathrow Airport is closest to Bellerbys London (1 hour 25 by train)
Complete the online Pre-Arrival form
We will send you a link to an online form that you need to complete fully – it will ask your flight arrival and visa details.
You can find out more by downloading our Pre Arrival pack
Make document copies and take photos
Please scan or photocopy all of your original documents and take four passport-sized photos. You will need to bring paper copies with you as you may need to show them at the UK border.
Things to pack in your hand luggage
- Visa/Home Office letter
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Study letter (CAS)
- Offer letter
- Accommodation documents (including your tenancy agreement)
- Sponsor letter (if you are being sponsored)
- Four passport-sized photographs
- Laptop (if you have one)
Speak to your new friends before you arrive
Why not take a look at our Collage Facebook pages to talk to students who will be joining you in September:
Bellerbys College Brighton
Bellerbys College Cambridge
Bellerbys College London
Bellerbys College Oxford
Exploring the local area
Whether you’re moving to Brighton, Cambridge, London or Oxford, there will be lots of places to visit and things to do with your new friends.
From discovering cultural days out to practical information on travel and weather, here are some useful websites to help you get to know your new home.
Discover the UK and four fantastic British cities